TREK100 Challenge 2019
COMPLETE 100 MILES IN 9 WEEKS!
Trek means to travel, to journey, or to adventure... and we want to you take a 100-mile journey with us. Whether you're preparing for Spring Break, living up to your New Years resolutions, or simply ready to make a life change, Recreation & Wellness wants you to get involved, be active, and live healthy.
We challenge you to JUST KEEP MOVING. This challenge allows you to track mileage through running, walking, biking, swimming, rowing, taking a group exercise class, playing an Intramural Sports game, using the upper body ergometer, and other various activities. New this year, a leader board creates more motivation and features where you rank among all participants!
Are you up for the challenge?
- Who? GVSU students, faculty, or staff
- When? January 1 - March 1, 2019
- Where? Wherever you like to get your miles in - at the Rec Center, on the bike trail, or out in the snow. It's up to you!
- How much? Only $10.
- How do I track mileage? Log your miles online to see your progress!
Registration will be open until February 8, 2019.
You can log your miles through March 1, 2019.
Miles must be logged within 7 days of completion.
We're giving away FREE swag at certain mileage milestones!
- 50 miles = weekly drawings for your choice of: 50% off Group Ex pass, 50% off Intramural Sports pass, or a FREE Outdoor Adventures camping rental
- 100 miles = TREK100 t-shirt!
To redeem prizes, visit the Campus Recreation office after you've reached the above milestones. We'll verify your log, and give your swag* to you right there! *T-shirts will be distributed beginning March 18.
T-Shirts will be available for pick up in the Recreation & Wellness Office Suite during the below dates & times:
- Monday, March 18 - time TBD
- Wednesday, March 20 - time TBD
- Friday, March 22- time TBD
*If you are unable to pick up during these times, please contact email@example.com to arrange an alternative pick up time.
It is understood that miles tracked for various activity doesn’t always equate in energy expenditure and various based on the intensity level.
Have you been active through a way that's not part of the drop-down menu? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know! We can help you identify how different activities could translate into mileage.