RecWell Student Advisory Board
The RecWell Student Advisory Board serves as a recommending body which will advise the Director and staff of GVSU Recreation & Wellness. Its purpose is to involve students in the planning, organization and administration of RecWell programs and services providing an opportunity for student voices to be heard. The Board helps drive the mission and vision of the department, and the Board's perspectives help consider ways RecWell can better serve students.
Advisory Board Responsibilities
- Provide a voice in shaping the direction of the Recreation & Wellness programs and services.
- Explore how to make RecWell offerings more inclusive, equitable, and accessible for students.
- Advise the RecWell staff of participant/user concerns and share your student experience.
- Attend scheduled Advisory Board meetings.
Minimum commitment to the Student Advisory Board includes:
- Members must actively participate in discussions and be willing to provide honest, thoughtful feedback and recommendations.
- Membership will consist of a Winter semester commitment.
- Meetings for Winter 2022 will be held via Zoom or in-person on the Allendale campus.
- Winter 2022 Meeting Schedule:
- Tuesday, Jan 18 4pm-5pm
- Tuesday, Feb 15 4pm-5pm
- Tuesday, Mar 15 4pm-5pm
- Free group exercise pass, free IM sports pass, and free equipment rental from Outdoor Adventures.
- Make a lasting impact on campus by helping to shape the direction of recreation and wellness programs and services.
- Expand your communication skills as you provide thoughtful feedback.
- Build your leadership and community service experience to grow your resume.
Composition & Selection Process
- Any enrolled GVSU student may apply for membership (undergraduate or graduate).
- Applicants do not need to be currently involved in Recreation & Wellness programs or services.
- Members will adhere to the GVSU Student Code: The Statement of Student Rights and Responsibilities and other policies set by the University. Violations of The Statement and/or other policies may result in review of membership and possible cancellation of membership
- Applications for the Winter 2022 close on October 31, 2021. Complete your application!
- Interviews will be ongoing until the roles have been filled. Applicants will be informed of final decisions via email.