RecWell Plans for Fall 2020
Recreation & Wellness will be suspending all in-person programs and activities through the duration of the Ottawa County Stay in Place Order. From September 17 through October 1, you can get involved, be active, and live healthy through our virtual offerings. More information on the Lakers Together website.
Fall 2020 Plans
We recognize the role that recreation and wellness programs play in promoting student well-being, inspiring a sense of community, and encouraging student development and learning. In Fall 2020, we will be using risk assessment tools to ensure that we can return to participation safely. We will adjust our program offerings to minimize transmission or contraction of COVID-19 while still promoting student engagement and fun. Our plans include:
- Reducing risks for in-person programs and services and expanding virtual activities
- Enhanced cleaning and social distancing measures
- Additional education and training for staff and participants
- Modified sport, fitness, and outdoor offerings based on national and state guidelines and recommendations
Program Area Plans
Fitness & Wellness
SEPTEMBER 13, 2020
This year, we're offering ways to connect with Recreation & Wellness and Club Sports virtually! On Sunday, September 13 between 4-7 p.m., head to LakerLink and use the new virtual fair tool to meet us! Participating in Recreation & Wellness or joining a Club Sport is a great way to expand your network while providing opportunities for social engagement!
Visit our website for details on how it works, the schedule, and registration information.
SEPTEMBER 18-20, 2020
This event welcomes people of all ages and abilities – walkers, beginning runners, competitive runners, children, stroller-pushing parents, and everyone in between. Whether you’re trying to beat your personal best time, getting your kids off the couch, or adding a new challenge to your exercise program, the 2020 #GVLakerStrong 5K makes it fun and helps Lakers stay connected!
For the health and safety of our community, the 2020 #GVLakerStrong 5K has switched to a virtual event. You can walk, jog, run or crawl your favorite 5K (3.1 mile) route between September 18-20.
SEPTEMBER 8 - OCTOBER 23, 2020
We know that you’re strong, and we know that you can be LakerStrong: Anywhere. That’s why we challenge you to 30 minutes of physical activity each day.
- Challenge to track your workouts wherever you are!
- Use the hashtag #GVLakerStrong to post your workouts.
First hunt: AUGUST 27 - SEPTEMBER 27
For these unique hunts, we've hidden a variety of QR codes around the Allendale campus. Each code leads you to online content that we put together pertaining to a (usually) outdoor theme.
- The hunt is designed to be done in a sequential order where the next location will only be given to you in the content for the previous.
- Our intent is to update the course with new locations & new themes every couple weeks for your continued enjoyment. Must register for each individual hunt.