Not currently accepting applications.
Responsible for general receptionist tasks including, but not limited to answering phones, scheduling, sales, deposits, file maintenance, and assisting with daily operations of the Fitness and Wellness office.
- Complete the Employment Application.
- Submit resume, cover letter, and class schedule.
Compensation: Paid in alignment with GVSU Student Wage Rates
Location: Rec Center, Allendale Campus
- Strong work ethic, customer service skills, professionalism, and positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs to include Word and Excel as well as web search engines
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and problem solve
- Prior clerical or office experience preferred
- Follow all Recreation & Wellness department policies and procedures and be knowledgeable of Recreation & Wellness programs and services
- Maintain lines of communication between clients and staff
- Schedule appointments and complete sales transactions, as needed
- Office maintenance including, but not limited to filing, cleaning, opening and closing procedures
- Answer client questions in a clear and confident manner and using excellent customer service
- Maintain positive and welcoming environment
- Provide knowledgeable assistance to guests
Student Wage Rates
- Students may work a maximum of 25 hours per week during the academic year.
- Visit GVSU Student Employment Wage Rates for updates and additional information.
- Students become eligible for a step increase after two semesters of employment with the same department at the department’s discretion.
- A student’s performance evaluation will be the tool used in the determination of a step increase.