Not accepting applications at this time.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Marketing & Special Events, the Marketing/Promotions Intern will be responsible in assisting Recreation & Wellness with the development, production and implementation of marketing initiatives aimed at increasing customer retention, promoting brand image, improving program awareness and strengthening collaboration efforts with campus partners.
- Complete the Employment Application.
- Submit resume, cover letter, and class schedule.
Duration: Must be available through Fall 2020 semester.
Hours: Part time, up to 10-15 hours/week. Flexible with some evening and weekend events.
Location: GVSU Allendale Campus
- Assist with the development and implementation of events.
- Serve as Recreation & Wellness representative at internal events, campus events, and outreach tabling/speaking opportunities.
- Educate and generate awareness for Recreation & Wellness, including engagement with first year students.
- Take photographs and/or video at events and for social media.
- Assist in management of website content updates across program areas.
- Maintain bulletin boards and racks in Recreation facilities.
- Assist in the growth and ongoing communication with campus partners.
- Capture student testimonials, photos, and videos at events and for social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a current GVSU student enrolled in at least 6 credits.
- Preferred Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, and/or Graphic Design major.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Strong attention to details, as well as written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving skills, and time management skills.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Working knowledge of MAC computers and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign are a plus.
- Photography and video skills are a plus.
- Active in some part of Recreation & Wellness a plus.
If you decide to pursue this opportunity as a credit-bearing internship, you will need to get approval from your academic department prior to the start of the academic semester in which you wish to register for the internship.
If you obtain this internship and register to receive academic credit, you may be eligible to receive a monetary GVSU Career Services Internship Award (provided you have financial need documented through a FAFSA). Award criteria and application materials are available under the Internship section on our website at www.gvsu.edu/careers.