No longer accepting applications at this time.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Marketing & Special Events, the Marketing/Promotions Intern will be responsible to assist Campus Recreation through development, production and implementation of tactical marketing initiatives aimed at increasing customer retention, promoting brand image, improving program awareness and strengthening current collaboration efforts with campus partners.
- Complete the Employment Application.
- Submit resume, cover letter, and class schedule.
Start Date: April 29, 2019
Duration: Must be available through Spring/Summer 2019 semester. Based on performance, student may be offered continued employment through the Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 semesters.
Hours: Part time, flexible hours up to 15-20 hours/week.
Location: GVSU Allendale Campus, Recreation Center
- GVSU student with Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Writing, Photography/Videography, or Marketing major or minor.
- Experience with event planning and promotions.
- Experience with website maintenance and content management.
- Creative & innovative thinker.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and on a team.
- Attentive to detail.
- Strong sense of customer relations and service.
- Professional attitude with ability to be creative in brainstorming.
- Working knowledge of MAC computers is a plus (not required).
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is a plus (not required).
- Photography and video skills are a plus.
- Assist with the development and implementation of events.
- Serve as Campus Recreation representative at internal events, campus events, and outreach tabling/speaking opportunities.
- Educate and generate awareness for Campus Recreation, including engagement with first year students.
- Take photographs and/or video at events and for social media.
- Assist in management of website content updates across program areas.
- Maintain bulletin boards and racks in Campus Recreation facilities.
- Assist with development and evaluation of semester surveys.
- Assist in the growth and ongoing communication of campus partnerships.
- Capture student testimonials, photos, and videos at events and for social media.
- Update internal Google Calendar and Campus Events calendar.
- Work with Assistant Director to submit Campus Recreation program information to Lanthorn for story/article proposals and WHALE Radio for on-air announcements.
- Other duties as assigned.