Graphic Design Intern
Currently Accepting Applications for Spring/Summer 2018!
This position is closed; we are no longer accepting applications at this time.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Marketing & Special Events, the Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for assisting Campus Recreation in the design and creation of promotional materials, displays, signs, brochures, apparel and other marketing materials. In addition to assisting the with the development, he/she will be responsible for the production and implementation of tactical marketing initiatives aimed at increasing customer retention, promoting brand image, improving program awareness, and strengthening current collaboration efforts with campus partners.
Start Date: May 7, 2018
Duration: Must be available through Spring/Summer 2018 semester. Based on performance, student may be offered continued employment through the Fall 2018 and Winter 2019 semester.
Hours: Part time, flexible hours up to 15-20 hours/week.
Location: GVSU Allendale Campus, Recreation Center
- GVSU student with Graphic Design and/or Marketing major.
- Experience with web design and content management.
- Creative & innovative thinker.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and on a team.
- Attentive to detail.
- Strong sense of customer relations and service.
- Professional attitude with ability to be creative in brainstorming.
- Working knowledge of MAC computers.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Photography and video skills are a plus.
- Create programming and event marketing materials, including flyers, brochures, banners, and graphics.
- Design graphics for website and social media accounts.
- Assist in coordination of programs and special events as assigned.
- Assist with management of storage and use of department photography.
- Take photographs and/or video at events and for social media.
- Assist with website appearance on homepage.
- Willingness to receive input/feedback on work produced.
- Other related duties as assigned.