Group Exercise Passes
Fitness & Wellness Services have gone virtual!
Check out our LakerStrong:Anywhere page for workout videos, live workout schedules and wellness resources!
WHAT IS GROUP EXERCISE?
Our certified instructors offer effective and safe workouts in a fun, friendly, and social atmosphere. Participants can burn calories, improve their fitness, experience the GVSU community, and manage stress in a positive way. Our instructors are able to teach to all fitness levels, therefore, all class formats are designed to meet the needs of beginner, intermediate, and advanced participants. Passes are available for purchase to students, faculty, staff, and GVSU alumni who have a current fieldhouse membership.
- All classes are on a drop-in basis; first-come, first-served with the exception of SPIN® and TRX® classes which require you to sign up for a bike or a TRX® trainer. Reservations can be made on the Group Exercise website.
- Classes designed for specific experience levels are indicated in the description.
- All class formats are 50-minutes unless otherwise indicated.
- Participants are welcome to join any class at any point in the semester.
- Class schedules are largely based on space and instructor availability and are subject to change.
- There will be no classes during GVSU breaks. Please refer to the current schedule for a list of dates.
*Faculty/Staff who are also enrolled as a student at GVSU, are considered Faculty/Staff first and do not qualify for student pricing for group exercise passes
**Alumni must hold a current Fieldhouse Membership to be eligible to purchase a Group Exercise pass.
- $35 for a semester pass (Winter Semester)
- $5 for one class
- $80 for a semester pass (Winter Semester)
- $8 for 1 class
- $30 for 5 classes
- $55 for 10 classes
Pass Purchase Guidelines
- All student, faculty and staff participants must purchase their semester pass ONLINE.
- If you do not have access to make online payments, passes can be purchased at the Fitness & Wellness Services office.
- All student, faculty and staff participants will be required to complete an Agreement to Participate and Release of Liability form at the time of pass purchase.
- Excluding the Annual All Class Pass, all passes are valid for only the semester in which they are purchased. This includes the 10, 5, and single class passes. Example: If the 10, 5, and single class passes were purchased in the Fall semester, they are invalid for the Winter semester and all future semesters.
- You must present a GV Student/Faculty/Staff or GV Rec Center member identification card to enter the Recreation Center and the Kelly Family Sports Center, as well as to enter classes.
- After purchasing your pass, your pass goes directly to your GVSU ID or Fieldhouse membership card! Therefore, there is no need to pick up a pass anywhere. Simply take your GVSU ID to class and scan in!
Rec Center (Fieldhouse) Member Passholders & GV Alumni*
How to purchase a pass:
*Alumni may not purchase a group exercise pass unless they are Rec Center members
Must be 18 years of age or older to participate, please review our policies & procedures here.
In person purchase:
- Stop by the Fitness & Wellness Services office to purchase your pass. (Office is located inside the Recreation Center by the basketball courts & cardio equipment)
- MUST bring valid Rec Center membership card with you to present to office staff.
- Group Exercise passes will be placed onto Rec Center Membership cards after paperwork and payment has been completed.
- Please request a copy of your receipt to show at the door of your Group Ex class.
- Allow for 1-2 business days for your Rec Center membership card to be inputted into the Group Exercise scan system.
Email email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Those interested in purchasing must be aware that class sizes are limited and access is not guaranteed due to safety and overcrowding.
Please note that Rec Center Members do NOT have the option to reserve certain classes such SPIN® bike or TRX® strap in advance of classes.