Visit www.gvsu.edu/lakerstogether for more.
Recreation Travel Roster and Itinerary Form
This form must be completed by Campus Recreation programs that will be traveling away from GVSU and GVSU associated rental/leased facilities. Please complete this form completely and to the best of your knowledge. This form must be completed and approved prior to your program's travel.
STUDENT DRIVER AUTHORIZATION PROCESS
- All students driving university-owned, rental or personal vehicles on behalf of Grand Valley State University must complete the following procedures. Students must complete this process every academic year. All permissions will expire at the end of the current academic year.
- Students 18-20 are ONLY permitted to drive sedans or mini-vans.
- Students 21 and older are permitted to drive all vehicles including 12 or 15 passenger vans (in-state/out-of-state).
- All students (21 and older) that are driving a 12 or 15 passenger van must review the 12–15 Passenger Driver Awareness presentation.
- All drivers are individually responsible for any traffic violations, tickets, etc., and will be expected to pay applicable fines.
- Drivers must follow all federal and state driving laws.
- Any drivers (whether using personal or rental vehicles) on student
organization trips must be cleared by the Department of Public
Safety as an authorized driver.
- Students who will be driving must be approved by going to Campus Recreation and presenting their driver's license or by completing the online Recreation Student Driver Approval Request Form. This must be completed at the beginning of each school year.
- Out-of-state students must obtain a copy of their driving record from the state issuing their driver’s license. They must turn that into the GVPD for review prior to permission to drive on behalf of GVSU.
- International licenses not accepted, as they cannot be verified.
- Students with 6 or more points or with special circumstances on their license will not be cleared to drive on behalf of GVSU .
* denotes a required field