Club Sports Event Manager
Now accepting applications!
The sports event manager will provide customer service and execution/management of game operations for a club sports program that hosts over 100 events and includes 2,000 student-athletes. This position will report to the Assistant Director, Campus Recreation.
Start Date: August 2022. Required training during the week of August 21-27.
Duration: This position will work from August 2022-April 2023. Must be available to work weekends and some evenings.
Hours: Part time, flexible hours up to 10-20 hours/week. Starting at $10.27/hour
Location: GVSU Allendale Campus
- GVSU Student for Fall ‘22 and Winter ‘23 semesters
- CPR / First Aid Certified (provided if hired).
- Strong organization, time management and communication skills
- Ability to work well with others, as an individual and as part of a team.
- Background in sports, recreation and/or related field.
- Obtain necessary certifications required for the position
- Attend trainings throughout the year as required.
- Manage game operations for club sports events, including set up, tear down, crowd control. Act as a department and university liaison during club events.
- Act as the first responder for injuries and facility issues that may arise during events, within the level of training. Assist Game Ops Intern, Athletic Trainer, and Club Sports Coordinator in executing emergency actions plans when necessary.
- Work with Club Sports Coordinator and club leadership on game day action plans.
- Complete necessary forms and documentation correctly and without errors
- Follow all, and assist with enforcement of all Recreation and Wellness policies.
- Maintain the professional standard for delivery of all programs
- Other duties as assigned.