2020 #GVLakerStrong Virtual 5K
September 18-20, 2020
This event welcomes people of all ages and abilities – walkers, beginning runners, competitive runners, children, stroller-pushing parents, and everyone in between. Whether you’re trying to beat your personal best time, getting your kids off the couch, or adding a new challenge to your exercise program, the 2020 #GVLakerStrong 5K makes it fun and helps Lakers stay connected!
For the health and safety of our community, the 2020 #GVLakerStrong 5K is a virtual event. You can walk, jog, run or crawl your favorite 5K (3.1 mile) route between September 18-20. Once you’ve finished, submit your results and your finisher medal will be sent to you (if not local). Results must be uploaded by 11:59 p.m. on September 20.
Race training program and tips included with registration.
EARLY BIRD Registration
Deadline: September 4 at 8 a.m.
$20/runner with a finisher's medal
September 4 - September 17
$25/runner with a finisher's medal
WAIVERS are required upon registration.
*GVSU students, faculty, or staff who register for the Virtual 5K will receive a 50% discount code on the #GVLakerStrong Activity Challenge!
Race Bibs & Medals
Download the race bib below and wear it with pride during your race! We also encourage you to wear GVSU gear during the race to show your school spirit.
Finishers medals will be mailed to participants upon receiving their race results (if not local).
Register for the Virtual 5K before September 11 and we'll order you a t-shirt, too! But it isn't just ANY white t-shirt. What is the significance of it, really? Well, first, you are strong. You are #GVLakerStrong and you should wear that with pride. And second, we want you to take this plain ol' white t-shirt and TIE-DYE IT! Fun, right?!
All you have to do is...
- Participate in the 5K and submit your results,
- Get a medal and t-shirt (if registered on time),
- Tie-dye the t-shirt and wear it proudly,
- Share a photo of you in your t-shirt with us!
Once you’ve finished, share your results with us to receive your finisher's medal! You must have completed the race between September 18-20.
Results must be shared by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, September 20.
Don't Forget To...
Entry fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable under all circumstances, including, but not limited to: cancellation of the event or of your participation, or change in the date, nature, or format of the event. An event may be canceled due to severe weather or other factors that threaten the safety of participants, staff, or volunteers. Race bibs cannot be transferred to another participant. We also do not allow entries to be rolled over to another year.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund. If you cannot participate in the event, you may not sell your race number to anyone else.
- Runners who participate in races they are not registered for will be disqualified.
Sponsors & Partners
We are so grateful for your partnerships, as this event would not be possible without you. Thank you for supporting our programs, services, and most importantly - our students! We're seeking sponsors for this event. If you're interested in sponsoring, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Training & Tips
5K Training Program
Do you need help getting started, staying motivated, and staying on track? Regardless if you are just getting started, or if you’ve been running all summer, our Fitness & Wellness staff have created a training plan to fit your needs and assist you in reaching your 5K goals.
Both programs begin on August 10 and conclude the weekend of the #GVLakerStrong Virtual 5K (Sept 18).
You must register for the 5K in order to receive access to this training plan.