The GVSU RA Experience
Benefits of the Position
In addition to compensation in the form of a scholarship for Room and Board for the academic year, RAs benefit from skill development in the following areas:
- Professional networking
- Confidence and character building
- Suicide prevention
- Crisis response
- Conflict mediation
- Legal compliance
- Intercultural competency
- Sexual assault prevention & response
- Academic success strategies
Benefits of Living on Campus
- Academic Success. Students who live on campus earn higher grades and are more likely to graduate.
- Convenience. Living on campus puts you closer to faculty, classes, and all the facilities Grand Valley has to offer.
- Sustainability. From recycling, bus services, and LEED Certified Housing, sustainability is a way of life at Grand Valley Housing.
- Safety & Security. Grand Valley Police Department is a full-service law enforcement agency dedicated to providing residents, student, faculty, and staff with a safe and secure environment in which to learn, live, and work. RAs learn to work closely with the police officers and promote safety for the residents.
- Support Network. Each living center has a support network that includes a Living Center Director, graduate assistants, and resident assistants.
Take the Housing Tour