Unscheduled or lightly-scheduled classrooms & reservable conference rooms, Fall 2020
Updated October 9, 2020
In early August 2020, some available classrooms were set aside for use by faculty and students:
- for faculty to use a white board while recording a lecture to be posted online,
- for students to use to attend a synchronous online course scheduled before or after an in-seat course as needed, study alone in a quiet space, and for other reasons, but only by small groups of individuals.
These empty classrooms will be available throughout the fall 2020 semester. Guidelines for the use of these rooms are available below.
Note: Faculty and staff can view open slots in Allendale classrooms (thanks to George McBane in the CLAS Dean’s office).
AuSable Hall (ASH): 1115, 1117, 2121
Fieldhouse: B016, B018
Holton-Hooker Learning & Living Center (HHLC): 107A
Niemeyer Learning & Living Center (NME): 236E
Kindschi Hall of Science (KHS): 1173, 1179
Lake Huron Hall (LHH): This building re-opened in early October. There are study spaces and vacant classrooms available to students. Please follow the guidelines below.
Lake Ontario Hall (LOH): 163, 167
Lake Superior Hall (LSH): 134, 225, 226, 229, 230, 233
Mackinac Hall (MAK): A-1-182, A-1-184, A-2-151, A-2-165, C-1-114, D-2-117
Padnos Hall (PAD): 211
Pew Grand Rapids Campus
Richard M. DeVos Center (DEV): 127A, 203A, 211A, 205D, 121E, 136E, 138E, 303E, 309E
L.V. Eberhard Center (EC): 310, 311, 314, 316, 317, 414, 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421, 423, 510, 515, 614
L. William Seidman Center (SCB): 2002, 2009, 2010
Health Campus (Grand Rapids)
Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences (CHS): 115, 142, 150, 154, 189, 191, 223, 237, 243, 425, 443
Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall (RFH): 230, 251, 343, 449
- COVID-19 risk mitigation strategies remain in effect:
- No more than ten individuals are allowed in this room at any one time.
- Face coverings are required.
- Social distancing.
- Preventive hygiene/sanitation. Please use the cleaning supplies in the room when you arrive and leave.
- Individuals are expected to have completed the daily self-assessment before entering any building at GVSU.
- Rooms may not be available at certain times due to scheduled cleaning.
- First priority for use of this room is for activities that have been scheduled: classes, appointments, meetings.
- Faculty and staff may reserve this room through the EMS system.
- Students cannot reserve this room, but if the room is available, they can use it on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- This room can be used for the following:
- Class meetings which are scheduled in this room.
- Advising, tutoring, faculty office hours, and other appointments that involve a small group of individuals.
- For faculty to use a white board while recording a lecture to be posted online.
- For students:
- Attend a synchronous online course scheduled before or after an in-seat course as needed.
- Study alone in a quiet space.
- Study together in a small group while practicing social distancing.
- Utilize for other reasons, but only by small groups of individuals.