About West Michigan
Located conveniently between Chicago and Detroit, West Michigan is home to more than 1 million people and includes Grand Rapids, the state’s second-largest city. Allendale is located 15 miles west of Grand Rapids and is just 25 minutes from Lake Michigan and its internationally know beaches and resort towns.
West Michigan and Grand Rapids top multiple "Best of" lists thanks to a low cost of living, outstanding schools, thriving industry, cultural opportunities, and a mix of urban and rural communities. Outdoor recreation, arts and music, plentiful shopping, diverse museums and galleries, outstanding trail systems, professional and college sports, festivals, and famous craft breweries offer something for everyone all year long.
- Hello West Michigan relocation information
- The Right Place economic development organization
- Pure Michigan travel and visitors information
- Grand Rapids Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Grand Valley Metro Council governmental units alliance
- Ottawa County information
- Access Kent County services guide
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- Allendale Chamber of Commerce
- West Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
News about West Michigan
- Grand Rapids metro area tops in the nation for "most balanced lifestyles"
- Grand Rapids makes Top 20 on U.S. News' 'best places to live'
- Grand Rapids ranked No. 1 in U.S. for job growth
- Grand Rapids ranked No. 3 in nation for doing business
- West Michigan companies rate among 'Best for the World'
- Grand Rapids named No. 1 housing market in the nation
- Grand Rapids named the 2nd best place to be an Millennial