Presidential Search Announcement
Grand Valley State University is seeking nominations and applications for the fifth president in the university's 58-year history. This individual must possess high academic and personal standards, be energetic and persistent in the pursuit of excellence, and have the ability to work effectively with the Board of Trustees. A demonstrated record of leading a large complex organization at the most senior level is required. Advanced degrees are expected; experience in related fields will be considered.
The following leadership criteria outline the combination of professional qualities sought by the university.
- Visionary - An ability to provide a vision for the future that is compatible with the university's mission.
- Academic Leader - A commitment to high-quality undergraduate and graduate education.
- Effective Administrator - A belief in participatory governance and the delegation of responsibility and authority as evidenced by collaborative leadership.
- Community Developer - An ability to balance internal and external responsibilities and provide leadership for the many facets of the university.
- Resource Acquirer - A proven ability and commitment to provide leadership for acquiring resources.
- Role Model - A strong commitment to integrity and the highest moral and ethical values.
Read the complete Position Profile and Leadership Criteria.
April 04, 2018
The Board of Trustees has selected Storbeck, Pimentel and Associates to assist in the search.
April 02, 2018
Sessions have been scheduled to hear from the campus community, alumni and general public.