Outstanding Paper Award
February 23, 2020
The Department of Political Science and International Relations program are holding our seventh annual Outstanding Paper Award competition. We invite all students who major in political science or international relations to submit an outstanding paper completed for courses taken in calendar year 2019.
Rules of eligibility:
- The paper must have been written in calendar year 2019 for a PLS-designated course (including independent study papers) or IR 495.
- Competition is open only to PLS and IR majors.
- It must be an argument, evidence-based and research oriented paper.
- Qualitative and quantitative oriented papers are welcome.
- Papers must contain a minimum of 8 double-spaced pages.
- Papers may be revised from their original form prior to submission for the competition.
- Group papers are not eligible.
- Paper submissions must include a 150-300 word abstract that discusses the paper’s argument, contribution, and evidence used.
There will be a $200 award for the winner of this competition.
Please submit your papers by Friday, April 10th. Submissions should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to indicate for which course the paper was originally written.
Questions? Reach out to the Chair of the Student Awards Committee, Dr. Laura Schneider at email@example.com.