Outstanding Paper Award
Date and Time
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Political Science and International Relations program are holding our fifth annual Outstanding Paper Award competition. We invite all students who major or minor (including teachable minor) in political science or international relations to submit an outstanding paper completed for courses taken in calendar year 2017.
Rules of eligibility:
- The paper must have been written in calendar year 2017 for a PLS-designated course (including independent study papers) or IR 495.
- Competition is only open to PLS majors, minors and teachable minors, as well as International Relations majors and minors.
- It must be an argument, evidence-based and research oriented paper.
- Qualitative and quantitative oriented papers are welcome.
- Papers must contain a minimum of 8 double-spaced pages.
- Papers may be revised from their original form prior to submission for the competition.
- Group papers are not eligible.
- Paper submissions must include a 150-300 word abstract that discusses the paper’s argument, contribution, and evidence used.
There will be a $200 award for the winner of this competition.
Please submit your papers by Tuesday, March 13. Submissions should be sent electronically to email@example.com. Please be sure to indicate for which course the paper was originally written.
Dr. Heather Tafel