Rethinking Dementia Events
17th Annual Art and Science of Aging Conference: Thriving in the 21st Century
Date and Time
Friday, February 25, 2022
About 2022's Conference:
Keynote Speaker: Michael Iwama, PhD, MSc, BScOT. Duke University
The PURPOSE of the Art and Science of Aging Conference is to:
- Broaden the dialogue on aging in West Michigan
- Provide new knowledge and skills, derived from multidisciplinary research and evidence-based best practices on healthy aging to the community
- Highlight important local resources and strategies for optimizing later life
- Prepare individuals and professionals in our community for the coming surging growth of older adults
The MISSION of the Art & Science of Aging Conference is to:
- Broaden the dialogue within our West Michigan region on the positive potentials of later life and holistic approaches to healthy aging
- Serve as an interdisciplinary and inter-professional forum of research on aging topics and best practices in working with and for the older adult
Who is our AUDIENCE?
The conference seeks to enrich the aging-related knowledge base of:
- Faculty and students
- Community professionals who deal with older adults in health, social service, housing and aging network settings
- Older adults themselves, who are looking to learn more and share more of the aging experience
- The general public
ARCHIVAL materials from previous conferences:
Our goal is to share all available resources from past conferences to enrich the aging-related knowledge base of Grand Rapids community and worldwide. We want to encourage multidisciplinary research, while discovering and presenting evidence-based best practices on healthy aging to the community. Please, see below our archive with conference programs, presentation materials of our speakers, and students' research.
For more information, please visit: http://www.gvsu.edu/gerontology/
Feel free to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (616) 331-6641.