How To Make An Appointment

Current Student Advising

If you are currently a PCEC student, who has not received secondary admission, please click the button below to set up an appointment. (Please review special circumstances below before making an appointment.)

Current Student Advising



If you have already received secondary admission into your major, please contact your faculty advisor.

You can find your faculty advisor by watching the tutorial linked below. Once you know who your faculty advisor is, please reach out to them via email or stop by their office hours for assistance. 

Who Is My Advisor?

Special Circumstance

If you have changed or will be changing your major and/or minor, you will want to meet with the advisor for that new major and/or minor.

If you are a double major/minor, please schedule your appointment with the advisor who works with the program you have the most questions about.

If you have been dismissed, are in jeopardy of dismissal, on academic probation (overall GPA below 2.0), or are re-entering the university after having been away for a year or longer, call (616) 331-6025 or stop by the PCEC Student Advising Center (EC 101)  to schedule an appointment. Please do not make an appointment online.

Prospective Students

If you are considering coming to Grand Valley State University and you would like more information about the programs offered in the Padnos College of Engineering and Computing, please give our office a call to set up an appointment.

Our contact information is:

Phone: 616-331-6025 


If you are considering transferring to GVSU from another college or university, please check out our transfer student page for more information.

Transfer Students

Page last modified October 30, 2018