Wade H. McCree, Jr. Incentive Program
The Wade H. McCree, Jr. Incentive Program at Grand Valley State University (GVSU) provides an outstanding educational opportunity for students to reach their full potential as scholars in the classroom and as citizens in their respective communities.
Named in honor of Wade H. McCree, Jr., the former Solicitor General of the United States and distinguished Professor at the University of Michigan, the Wade H. McCree, Jr. Incentive Program reflects a unified commitment by Michigan's public universities to further increase and enhance opportunities in higher education for all qualified students regardless of financial need. Each public university in Michigan provides funds to support McCree program participants. The program began in 1986 with 30 students and currently has grown to include over 1,000 high school students statewide, including those scholars who have enrolled in college.
- Enhance students' preparation for post-secondary education
- Increase students' sense of self
- Encourage enrollment at GVSU
- Provide parents with information and support
Scholarship Eligibility for Admitted Wade H. McCree Students:
- Be a part of the Wade H. McCree program for at least four years while in a participating high school located in Grand Rapids, Holland or Muskegon
- Submit a complete GVSU admissions application by December 31 for fall admission. Documents received after the deadline will not be used for scholarship consideration.
- Admitted students may also be eligible for the Early Awareness Scholarship (more details)