Skip to main content


The university maintains many unfurnished residence hall facilities, with rent covering much of the normal utilities thought of in rental living. For those who prefer to live off campus, individual homes to major apartment complexes are available in close proximity to the Cook-DeVos Center for Health Science. Meal plans are still available to students who live off campus, and allow individuals to eat in the university dining facilities.

For more information on campus housing, contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at (616) 331-2120, or visit them at:

For students wishing to live off-campus there are a number of options and on-line services to help you explore these options. Some of these resources include:

Once a student is accepted to a GVSU Graduate Program in the College of Health Professions (CHS), the Student Services Office also provides students the opportunity to be a part of a housing service that connects them with other students interested in housing in the local Grand Rapids area who also are graduate students within CHS.