Food 4 Fines
Parking Services is excited to be partnering with Replenish food pantry to host Food 4 Fines!
Food 4 Fines allows students, faculty/staff, and guests to pay up to two parking citations by donating needed items to Replenish. Donations are accepted at Parking Services on the Allendale and Pew campuses. Food 4 Fines will run Monday, November 25 through Friday, December 13. If you are interested in this opportunity to give back, please refer to the Food 4 Fines page for valid donations and their values.
WGVU Westside Stories: Food 4 Fines
How it Works
Items are classified into Tiers and the amount towards paying a citation depends on the Tier of the item. Tiers increase in value and in weight.
We appreciate your donations and you may donate as much as you would like. However, donations over the citation fees will not be credited/refunded.
Click on the colored buttons to view the complete printable list of approved items and their values.
High Demand Items
- Canned Chicken
- Canned Tuna
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Granola & Cereal
- Laundry Detergent
- Toilet Paper
Approved Donation List
1 oz - 16 oz:
- Brown Rice
- Whole Grain Pasta
- Canned Fruit in Light Syrup or 100% Juice
- *Canned Vegetables (Low-Sodium Preferred)
- Fruit Jam/Jelly (Low-Sugar Preferred)
- Canned Fish, Chicken, Beans
- Dried Beans, Lentils
- Nuts, Peanut Butter ( unsalted preferred )
- Cereal - Sugar Content greater than 10g per cup
Tier 1 Personal Care**:
- Bar soap ( Per individually packaged bar )
- Tube of toothpaste (4 oz minimum, 4 pack=$12)
1 oz - 16 oz:
- Cereal - Sugar Content 10g or less per serving cup
- Dried Fruit
17 oz - 24 oz: Tier 1 items
Tier 2 Personal Care**:
- Toilet Paper 4-pack ( $15 for 12-pack )
- Stick/Can Deodorant
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Quinoa (excludes boxed dinners)
- Couscous (excludes boxed dinners)
- Laundry Detergent (40+ oz)
+17 oz: Tier 2 items
+25 oz: Tier 1 items
$10 items (Not accepted in smaller quantities) :
- Pads ( More than 32 in package )
- Tampons ( More than 32 in package )
- *Due to overabundance and limited space, green beans, corn, mac & cheese, and instant noodles will not be accepted.
- **Personal Care items may not include Trial/Travel sizes.
- Approved item donations and cash/check donations can dismiss up to 2 citations and cannot dismiss citations that have already been paid previously.
- Toxic Charity (opened, punctured, expired, home-packaged/home-cooked, or goods dirtied from spillage) cannot be accepted.
- Expired - cannot be past the labeled due date
- Items must be in their original packaging.
- ADA, Fire Lane, Building Entrance, Fraudulent Permit violations, and citations that have been transferred to Student Accounts or Collections are not valid for donations. Citations are automatically transferred to a Student Account or Collections after 40 days.
- We will round up item weight to the nearest whole number (i.e. 15.5 oz items will be considered 16 oz).
We greatly appreciate healthy donations. Remember that these donations go to our community. Please do not donate anything you wouldn't eat.
Louie received a parking citation for $35.00. Rather than paying cash for the citation, Louie wants to help his fellow Lakers and pay using the Food 4 Fines program.
In order to pay the $35.00 fine, Louie could buy:
Four 16 oz bags of quinoa (Tier 3, $7 each) and two cans of deodorant (Tier 2, $5 each)
Seven 16 oz containers of oatmeal (Tier 2, $5 each)