Summer Research Orientation
Monday, May 4, 2020
Every year, the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship, in collaboration with the CLAS Dean's office and CLAS Lab Safety, offers the Summer Research Orientation. The orientation provides an opportunity for all GVSU student researchers/scholars, faculty, and staff to come together as a research community for training, collaboration, and dialogue.
All faculty, staff, and students must register to attend any afternoon sessions, from lunch on through the end of the day.
Schedule for May 6, 2019
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship requires attendance to the Summer Research Orientation for all of its summer scholar programs: Beckman Scholars, Library Scholars, McNair Scholars, Student Summer Scholars, and Modified Student Summer Scholars.
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: OURS Scholar Programs’ Orientation (These are closed sessions for Beckman Scholars, Library Scholars, McNair Scholars, and M/S3)
9:00 AM - 10:20 AM: OURS Welcome and General Program Information, facilitated by Dr. Susan Mendoza in 2263 Kirkhof Center
10:30 AM - 11:50 AM: Program-specific Meetings
- S3/ MS3 Scholars, facilitated by Dr. Kristy Dean: 2263 Kirkhof Center
- Beckman Scholars Program at GVSU, facilitated by Dr. Susan Mendoza: 2242 Kirkhof Center
- McNair Scholars, facilitated by Dr. David Martin: 2266 Kirkhof Center
- Library Scholars, facilitated by Jon Jeffryes: 2264 Kirkhof Center
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Research Orientation Lunch and Keynote, 2204 Kirkhof Center
- Keynote speaker, Dr. Lauren Keough, Mathematics Department
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Concurrent sessions in Kirkhof Center, Henry Hall, and Padnos Hall
Check out the CLAS Lab Safety's webpage for additional information.