Key Request Instructions
The process for completing your online key request is:
Step 1 - Complete the online key request form
Step 2 - Your supervisor must login to approve/decline your key request
Step 3 - Facilities Services/Pew Campus Operations will approve/decline your key request
Step 4 - Key Records will receive then process the request
Step 5 - Allendale - Your new keys will be delivered to you.
Pew Campus/Regional Centers - Please pick up your keys from the location specified in your approval email.
At each step of the way you will receive an email alerting you to the status of your key request. Your supervisor will also receive an email once you have completed your online request with a link directing them where to approve/decline your key request.
You are not required to provide a key code in your request for a room/building key, just the room number and specific building. A desk/file key will require the specific lock number. When requesting access cards or FOB's provide the entrance/room for which you will need access. Please fill in any additional information in the "additional comments" box at the bottom of the form.
Effective April 1, 2011, requests for a specific pin number consisting of four digits can be requested for Academic Building online readers only. Any access cards issued before April 1, 2011 cannot be altered. If you would like to request a specific pin number, please provide that four digit number in the box on the Key Request form under
"Access Card Requests", PIN:. Additional information can be given in the "Additional Comments" section on the Key Request Form.
** This does not pertain to offline readers or housing access cards**
- If you are requesting keys for a new employee select New Employee.
- If you are a current employee that is requesting a new key select Request Additional.
- If you are requesting a Key / Access Card / or Key FOB please select ADD A REQUEST to identify which key / access card / or key FOB you require.
- If you are requesting an access card and DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE ONE please disregard the Current Pin and Current # sections.
- If you are requesting an access card or key for a building entry please list the room as ENTRY not a specific office number.
Below are examples of the forms with comments that may address FAQs:
Review the key records policy.
If you have any additional questions or need further assistance please call:
Pew Campus Operations
Bicycle Factory, Room 350
Key Records Department
Central Utilities Building, Room 202