Getting Started

Getting started at a college or university can sometimes be scary. At the Muskegon Regional Center we're ready to help you every step of the way. Working with an academic advisor is the best way to ensure that you get started on the right path to meet your goals.

Getting started at the Muskegon Regional Center is easy!

  • Call (231) 777-0505 to make an appointment with an academic advisor
  • Obtain unofficial copies of transcripts from previously attended colleges and bring them with you to your advising appointment
  • Begin exploring financial aid options. Our financial aid office provides information on the process, including information on filling a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  • You may also be interested in looking at scholarship information

Applying to Grand Valley:
It is recommended that you speak with an advisor prior to applying for admission in order to ensure you complete the appropriate application to assist you in meeting your educational goals. Applications are available at the Muskegon office or you may apply online.

Orientation and Registration:
All degree-seeking undergraduate students are required to attend an orientation prior to registering for classes.  Upon acceptance into the University, you will receive a letter indicating the appropriate orientation for you. 

Freshman students seeking a degree should contact the Admissions office. Only students in the Muskegon Leadership Program (located in Muskegon) will have their orientation completed in Muskegon. Students should call (231)777-0505 to schedule an advising and orientation session in Muskegon. 

All other transfer students seeking a degree should contact the Transfer Student Orientation and Registration Office.

Page last modified August 24, 2017