For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Due to COVID-19 initiatives, this conference has been cancelled. We will plan to host it a year from now in 2021. Refunds will be issued to everyone who registered.
Grand Valley State University Mathematics Department is honored to host the 2020 Annual Meeting of the Michigan Section of the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) and the Michigan Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (MichMATYC). The meeting will take place Friday-Saturday, April 3-4.
Call for contributed papers and student posters
Submissions are due no later than Friday, March 13th, 2020. (Given the date, consider beating the deadline to avoid any bad luck.)
Talks will be approximately 15-20 minutes in length (depending on the number of submissions) plus 2-3 minutes for questions.
Talks will be scheduled for Friday afternoon and two sessions on Saturday (am & pm).
Computers will be available in each room from which you can access your cloud storage, use a thumb drive, or plug in your laptop (Mac users bring a toggle just in case), as well as document cameras.
Submissions and questions can be emailed to the Four Year Vice Chair and Meeting Chair,
Amy Shell-Gellasch firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit the following either by pasting directly into an email, or by filling in the Word document and attaching it to your email.
- Full name (as it will appear in the program)
- Contact email (will be included in program unless requested otherwise)
- Brief abstract
- Your Status: College faculty, high school teacher, graduate student*, undergraduate*
- Is this a student poster presentation?
- Are there any scheduling restrictions or special needs you have?
*Student talks and posters will be judged and awards given.
Workshop on Diversity
We will have a workshop on diversity from Dr. Sandra Crespo from MSU on Friday morning (time and abstract TBA). It is free but there is limited space. Please use the online registration form to register by Friday, March 20, 2020.
- Sandra Crespo (Michigan State University)
- William Dunham (Bryn Mawr University)
- Carrie Diaz Eaton (Bates College)
- Charles Hadlock (Bentley College)
- David Austin (Grand Valley State University)
- Victor Piercey (Ferris State University)
- Meghan VanderMale (Grand Rapids Community College)
- Yunus Zeytuncu (University of Michigan-Dearborn)
- Amy Shell-Gellasch (Eastern Michigan University), email@example.com
- Akalu Tefera (Grand Valley State University), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Boelkins (Grand Valley State University), email@example.com
- Laura McLeman (University of Michigan-Flint), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sang Lee (Grand Rapids Community College), email@example.com
Local Arrangements Committee
- Matt Boelkins
- William Dickinson
- Firas Hindeleh
- Lauren Keough
- Michael Santana
- Akalu Tefera