2020 Preceptor Award Nominations
The MIPERC organization appreciate the efforts and commitments of the many individuals who serve as Preceptors within our healthcare programs. The dedication and commitment of these individuals to our students provide incalculable value to the students’ educational experiences. We have created an award in each of the MIPERC academic partner disciplines to honor a healthcare professional who has shown exemplary service as a preceptor. Guidelines for nominations are below.
DISCIPLINES - GRAND VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY
Allied Health Science
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Health Information Management
Medical Laboratory Sciences
Physician Assistant Studies
Speech Language Pathology
DISCIPLINES - MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
DISCIPLINES - FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY
Description: The Preceptor Award gives MIPERC the opportunity to acknowledge outstanding commitments by Preceptors to the education of our students.
Basic Qualification: To be eligible, an individual or organization must be serving in a Preceptor capacity for a MIPERC academic partner between May, 2019 and May, 2020.
In addition, a candidate for the award should demonstrate certain characteristics or participate in activities such as:
• A commitment to students through activities such as effective clinical teaching, mentoring, evaluation and feedback.
• Continuous involvement and timely communication with the academic program.
• Extraordinary effort in his/her preceptor role. Examples include: the development of creative teaching methods, frequency of commitment, creating a unique student-centered learning environment,and initiating department or organization collaborations benefiting student experiences especially those related to interprofessional care and practice.
• Initiating department and organization collaborations benefiting student experiences especially related to interprofessional care and practice.
Candidates may be nominated by health administrators, staff, educators, and/or students associated with one of the listed academic programs. The individual submitting the nomination must complete the electronic nomination form and submit a letter of nomination via the MIPERC Conference website by the stated deadline.
Required Documentation for Nomination:
• Completed online nomination form.
• Typed letter of nomination (250 words or less).
Nomination Deadline: Monday, August 7, 2020
Notification of Awards: Monday, August 14, 2020
Presentation of Awards: Preceptor awards will be presented at the Midwest Interprofessional Practice, Education and Research Center Conference to be held at the GVSU Richard M. DeVos Center on September 17 & 18, 2020.
For more information contact or Rebekah Sabor at email@example.com.