12th Annual Midwest Interprofessional Practice, Education, and Research Conference
Date and Time
Friday, September 20, 2019 8:00 AM - 12:30 AM
DeVos Center » 122E - Loosemore Auditorium
Friday, September 20, 2019
The Next Wave: Embedding IPE Initiatives within Health Professions Education and Practice Settings
Location: Loosemore Auditorium, GVSU Richard M. DeVos Center, 401 Fulton Street West, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- 8:15-9:15 Susan Hanrahan, Ph.D.
- Awards and podium presentations are scheduled throughout the morning.
- Event concludes at 12:30 p.m.
1. Discuss the impact, clinical benefits, and costs of IPCP environments.
2. Discuss models and approaches for embedding IPCP and IPE initiatives into practice settings
involving academic-service partnerships.
3. Describe what lessons have been learned by faculty and healthcare administrators as they
have collaborated to establish IPCP environments involving health profession students and
professional healthcare staff.
4. Describe the preparation needed to assist organizations as they consider establishing IPCP
environments, including leveraging and navigating power structures, relationship building, and
transformation of interactional barriers.
5. Cite successes for mutually beneficial, enduring
For more information, please visit: http://www.gvsu.edu/mipercconference