Lake Michigan Center Event Policy
We are pleased to welcome you to the Lake Michigan Center (LMC), home of the Annis Water Resources Institute (AWRI). AWRI reserves the right to deny room usage to any organization or for any purpose that does not meet the following qualifications:
Grand Valley State University events, Annis Water Resources Institute donors, or organizations or events related to the mission of the Annis Water Resources Institute. The following guidelines have been established to aid in the success of your event.
- All reservations at the LMC are on a first come, first served basis. Block scheduling is not allowed.
- Any events scheduled for the purpose of fund raising are prohibited.
- All meeting requirements and audiovisual details must be confirmed no later than five business days prior to the function date. Failure to do so can result in the cancellation of the event.
- LMC hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Any events scheduled outside of these hours will be subject to an extended hour's surcharge. A $50 set up fee charge applies to any reservation requiring a change in the existing room set-up.
- The affixing of anything to walls, floor, ceilings, or plants is strictly prohibited. Glitter and confetti are also prohibited. Candles must be contained in a lamp or isolated source.
- Materials and equipment for your event may be shipped directly to the LMC, by prior arrangement only. The LMC does not assume any responsibility for damage or loss to materials and equipment displayed or stored in the building. Shipments will be accepted within 48 hours of event time, and are accepted between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- The LMC is pleased to offer conference guests complimentary parking in our designated parking lots. Details regarding access to our complimentary parking will be discussed in the planning of your event.
By signing the contract, you agree to pay a cancellation fee equivalent to the full contracted room rate for the loss of business if your event is cancelled within ten business days of the planned function, as well as any additional costs already incurred.
In the unlikely event that damages to the room should occur as a result of your function, liability for damages to the premises will be charged to the representative making the arrangements, based on actual repair or replacement cost. The LMC cannot assume responsibility for the damage to, or loss of, any merchandise or articles left prior to, during, or following an event.
Fees, Billing and Deposits
Room rental is figured in four-hour increments, at a cost of $100 per four-hour block. Any event booking from 8:00am - 5:00pm will be charged for only eight hours. A security deposit equal to room rental is required, and will be credited at the conclusion of your event.