We're open in person and online for GVSU students, faculty, and staff. Here's what you need to know to have a safe and successful visit. We continue to provide support online for GVSU students, faculty, and staff through our online services.
Due to the Staying in Place order, the University Libraries is open for individual study only. No gatherings or group activities are allowed. Strict adherence to preventive measures is required, including the wearing of face coverings in the library at all times.
About the Project
The Statewide & Regional Stepping Stones to the National Digital Platform Project was a one year IMLS-funded planning study to explore the creation of a first-of-its kind digital preservation network for the state of Michigan and the surrounding area.
The project moved beyond technology to explore new collaborative organizational models to unite libraries, archives, and museums across the state and region in achieving new shared and affordable solutions to preserve our cultural memory. We are now sharing our discoveries with new states and regions,
Building bridges with trusted partners! Learning from what already works!
Proudly Sponsored By
- Grand Valley State University Libraries
- The Library of Michigan
- Michigan Council of Library Directors
- Michigan Academic Library Association
- Michigan Archival Association
- Michigan Museums Association
- Michigan DPLA Service Hub
- Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
- Digital Library Federation
- National Digital Stewardship Alliance
- Alabama Digital Preservation Network (ADPNet)
- Digital Virginias
- Educopia Institute
- Historically Black Colleges & Universities Library Alliance (HBCU LA)
- Indiana Digital Preservation Network (InDiPres)
- Minitex (University of Minnesota Digital Library)
- Ontario Council of University Libraries / Council of Pacific and Prairie Libraries
- Recollection Wisconsin (WiLS)
- Texas Digital Library (TDL)