GVSU Copyright Policies
The University has developed a number of policies related to copyright and the use of copyrighted materials. The following information, guidelines and procedures have been compiled as a reference guide for the campus community to help faculty, staff and students navigate copyright and related issues.
- Rights in published material, inventions, and secret processes. Board of Trustees Policy 220.127.116.11.
- Computing Conditions of Use. IT, President's Cabinet policy 11.5.
- Electronic Mail Policy IT, President's Cabinet policy 11.2
- Digital Media Policy. IT, President's Cabinet policy 11.6
- Faculty/Staff Abuse of Technology IT, President's Cabinet policy 11.8
- "Don't get blocked!" Recommendations from the IT Help Desk.
- Legal Services Policy President's Cabinet policy 10.2. See also the Division of Legal, Compliance, & Risk Management website.
- Professional Ethics. Faculty Handbook, 3.04
This web site presents information about copyright law. The University Libraries make every effort to assure the accuracy of this information but do not offer it as counsel or legal advice. Consult an attorney for advice concerning your specific situation.