GVSU Copyright Policies
Grand Valley State University has developed a number of policies related to copyright and the use of copyrighted materials. The following information, guidelines and procedures have been compiled as a reference guide for the campus community to help faculty, staff and students navigate copyright and related issues.
- Rights in published material, inventions, and secret processes. Board of Trustees policy 22.214.171.124, in General Personnel Policies for Faculty and Staff - Obligations of Appointees.
- Computing Conditions of Use (Information Technology). Senior Leadership Team policy 11.5.
- Email Policy Senior Leadership Team policy 11.2.
- Digital Media Policy. Senior Leadership Team policy 11.6.
- Faculty/Staff Abuse of Technology Senior Leadership Team policy 11.8.
- "Don't get blocked! - Copyright." GVSU Information Technology department copyright policy and recommendations for video/music streaming.
- Legal Services Policy Senior Leadership Team policy 10.2. See also the Division of Legal, Compliance, & Risk Management website.
- Professional Ethics. Shared Governance policy 3.05.
This website presents information about copyright law. The University Libraries make every effort to assure the accuracy of this information but do not offer it as counsel or legal advice. Consult an attorney for advice concerning your specific situation.