GRE Prep Class Program Info
GRE Preparatory Program Information
Why Should You Take the GRE Prep Class?
The GRE Prep Class is ideal for those seeking to begin an advanced degree from a wide range of fields. Working with Educational Testing Consultants (ETC), the GRE preparation curriculum is a program developed by test-preparation experts. You’ll receive 24 hours of targeted instruction to help you fully prepare for the GRE. In addition, the GRE Prep Class course materials include GRE practice tests, so you can practice the skills and strategies you are learning in class on real test questions. In the GRE Prep Class, you’ll master strategies to improve your GRE score with the help of experienced GRE instructors who care about your success.
Quality Instruction in a Format That Works for You
GRE Prep Classes are offered as a live-online program. Live-online classes offer the same great program as an in-person GRE Prep Class with the added flexibility of attending class from anywhere or at any time. The virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors and to re-watch the recordings of your class sessions at your convenience for up to 30 days after the course ends.
Course cost: $799
The live-online GRE Prep Course is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free browser plug-in. All you need are a high-speed internet connection and speakers or head phones.
Course materials will be delivered directly to your home, or arrangements can be made for you to pick them up at a GVSU office. We recommend registering at least one week in advance of the class start date to ensure timely delivery of your student package.
Quantitative Test Topics
- Solution strategies, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
- Review of the math concepts frequently tested on the exam
Verbal Test Topics
- Solving problems when you don’t know all the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
- Solving “Multiple Right Answer” questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distractors
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.