The 19-Month Leadership Cohort
The flexible, affordable bachelor's degree in Integrative Studies
Earn a Bachelors of Science or Arts in Integrative Studies with an emphasis in Leadership. If you already have an associates degree or 55+ credits, this degree allows you to develop the skills employers are looking for in a convenient, accelerated format designed for adults!
- Taking one 5-week class at a time allows you to focus your energy and delve deep into the content and skills associated with leaders.
- A hybrid class format allows you the convenience of coming to campus only one day a week — the same day each week throughout the 19-month program.
- The leadership cohort allows you to strengthen professional and support networks.
- Coursework includes Leadership for Social Change, Leadership Dynamics, Team Building, Concepts of Management, Social Change and Ethics,Organizational Theory, and more.
- Cohorts starting close to where you live and work with all classes in downtown Grand Rapids!
Which Students Choose an Integrative Studies Degree?
- Are close to graduation, but no longer find themselves suited to their current major
- Would like to transfer from a community college and obtain a bachelor's degree
- Need to combine credits earned from multiple colleges or universities
- Need to complete their bachelor’s degree to take the next step in their career
- Wish to continue their education and complete a master’s degree or Ph.D. in the future
A typical student profile is:
- 24+ years of age
- Have 2+ years work experience
- Have earned an average of 75 credits (minimum of 55)
- Are prepared for hybrid/partially online learning
- Possess a high level of motivation
What can you do with an Integrative Studies Leadership Degree?
An Integrative Studies degree doesn't prepare you for one specific career. The skills you learn can be beneficial in multiple professions. Solid writing and communication skills are crucial to any position and the critical-thinking skills you learn can be applied to any field that requires analytical thought. Career areas include:
- Education administration
- Sales and marketing
- Nonprofit organizations
- Urban planner
- City manager
This program was designed to help you meet your individual career goals. In fact, we recently surveyed a number of graduates to find out how the program worked for them...
MET THEIR PROFESSIONAL GOALS
RECEIVED A PAY INCREASE
Hear From Our Students
A Flexible Program
The accelerated Integrative studies program, as explained by our students.
Our students talk about the career-focused skills and experience they gained through this unique degree.
The Support You Need to Succeed
The support you receive and the relationships you form are what make this degree special. Our students explain why in this video.
Tips and Tricks
There are obstacles to going back to school but it doesn't have to be as difficult as you think. Our students have been in your shoes and were happy to share a tip or two.
Take the Next Step
Your first step will be to meet with an academic advisor. We understand that you may be exploring your options and our advisors are dedicated to helping you reach your educational goals, whether it's through this program or something else. And you'll continue to work with your advisors throughout the program to schedule courses, plan internships, explore career options, and plan for graduation.