Policies and Additional Resources
- Ottawa County Department of Public Health: Includes information on: Testing, vaccine information, county case updates
- CDC Quarantine and isolation: Includes quarantine and isolation calculator
- Public Health Collaborative
- Kent County Health Department
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Additional Information for Employees
Paid Time Off to Receive a COVID-19 Vaccination
Employees may take up to four hours of paid time per dose for travel to the vaccination site, receipt of a vaccination, and return to work for a maximum of eight hours of paid time for employees receiving two doses. Employees who take longer than four hours to get one dose of the vaccine must send their supervisor an email documenting the reason for the additional time. Additional time requested will be granted, if reasonable, but will be unpaid; employees can elect to use accrued leave, e.g., sick leave, to cover the additional time. If an employee is vaccinated outside of their approved duty time they will not be compensated.
Employee Notification of COVID-19 and Removal from the Workplace
Grand Valley State University will require employees to promptly notify their supervisor when they have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a licensed health care provider.
All new employees are required to comply with the vaccination requirements outlined in this policy as soon as practicable and as a condition of employment. Potential candidates for employment will be notified of the requirements of this policy prior to the start of employment.