For nearly two decades, nursing has been named America’s most trusted profession.* At Grand Valley’s Kirkhof College of Nursing, we believe this is because the unique essence of the nursing profession is built upon transforming the world one patient, one family, and one community at a time.
As we prepare to celebrate National Nurses Week May 6 – 12, 2020, we invite you to get involved by sending this card to nurses who share their knowledge, life-saving skills, compassion, and courage with our communities every single day. Let us not take for granted the extraordinary dedication by our nurses, most especially during the COVID-19 pandemic impacting all sectors of healthcare.
Join us in acknowledging our nursing heroes this National Nurses Week. Use your voice by sending a card today!
Nurses practice in many settings, including:
- Primary care offices
- Long-term care and assisted living facilities
- Home health care agencies
- Retirement communities
- Schools & Community service agencies
- Inpatient/outpatient mental health facilities
- Correctional facilities
- Health departments
- Nursing education programs
Ways to share the card:
- Email - Fill in electronically, save, and attach to an email
- Post on Social Media - Fill in electronically, snap a photo, and post to social media with #GVThanksNurses
- U.S. Mail - Print, handwrite your message, and mail
- Individuals, families, churches, schools, and communities adopt a care setting and flood them with cards for their nursing staff. Please contact the organization for direction on the best delivery method.
A special thanks goes to GVSU alumna, Chelsea Best, for designing this card!