The KCON Centers of Distinction
The KCON Centers of Distinction were established to nurture and foster the scholarship, service, and practice of the College’s faculty, students, and community partners. Four Centers were identified:
Each Center meets at least twice each semester during the academic year, and as desired by the Center members during summer months. The goals that guide the activities of all of the Centers are the following.
- Provide an environment for developing and/or expanding the knowledge base in the area of focus.
- Promote translation and application of research-based knowledge.
- Promote integration of the interest area in research, teaching, service and practice.
- Mentor new scholars in development of skills for research, teaching, service and practice.
- Enhance collaboration with practice partners.
- Provide a forum for interdisciplinary scholarship.