Firstly, you need to set up your account through Outlook and
Achieve. To do so:
Step 1: Personal/GVSU Email
- Open up the email you provided and look for the email from GVSU
K-12 Connect titled “Your Account.” It will provide you with
important information on how to set up your account.
- Click the link in first step of the email titled “Set Up Your GVSU
Step 2: Outlook
- Copy and paste the login information provided in your
personal/GVSU email. It will prompt you to create a new password
that must meet minimum requirements. Note: You will always need to
login under the GVSU faculty staff outlook login, not the outlook
- Select Eastern Standard Time.
Step 3: Achieve Activation and Codes
- An email titled “Achieve Account Activation” will be in your
Outlook account with the link to the Achieve appointment manager
system. Once you click the link, enter your Outlook login
information once again to activate Achieve.
- The second email titled “GVSU Achieve Account Confirmation…”
contains the link to the front page of Achieve. Make sure to
bookmark this link as it will be of great use to you.
- The third email titled “Advisor Outlook Options” contains the
codes for the subjects and grade levels you have been assigned as a
tutor/mentor based on your application form answers. Only
look at the codes that start with K-12 Connect to see the codes
assigned to you. Your code that you will input when you
set up your availability is all of these codes put together (no
spaces, start and end with a hashtag and two hashtags between each
subject). We suggest you save it somewhere to easily copy and paste.
- Going back to the original email sent to you titled “Your Account”
that was sent to the email you provided, you will have now completed
the first two action items of “Set Up Your Outlook Account” and
“Activate Your Achieve Account.”
To Set Up an Initial Single Session:
- Step 1: Outlook:
- To move back and forth in Outlook from your calendar to your
email inbox, go to the top left corner with the white boxes. For
purposes of setting up a session, you will need to be in the calendar.
- You are going to want to make sure you are setting up your
availability in advance of at least two days, as families are
not able to sign up after 24 hours before the scheduled session.
- Double click the day you want to set up an appointment for.
In the details page that pops up:
- Paste your code into the top line.
- Put all of your initial sessions at one hour long. Try not
to start your session on the hour or half hour, as there are
usually many appointments at these times. You can click the
closest time you want, then double click the time and change
it to be at a :15 mark or whenever you choose.
- Click save. You have successfully set up an available
session for a student to book.
- If you are setting up another session available for the
same day, double click the box (not the other session in the
box) to create another appointment. Note: If the time is
greyed out in the details section, uncheck the “All Day” box
that might be checked to input the time of the appointment.
- You need to wait a few minutes for the appointment to sync
- Step 2: Booked Appointment
- When someone has signed up for an appointment from the
availability you set up above, you will get an email that you
are blind copied on in your Outlook email containing the
confirmation email to the student/family. This provides the Zoom
login information and a cancellation link.
- You can then go into your Outlook calendar and double click on
the booked session to see the student information, including
their name, email provided, and at the bottom you can scroll
down to see their specific needs if they’ve listed any.
- Make sure to email the student before the session introducing
yourself, asking about resources prior to appointment, etc.
To Schedule a Recurring Session:
During your first session with a student, ask if they just needed
this one time help or if they want to set up recurring sessions moving
forward. If they want to set up recurring sessions, obtain the
following information (best day, time, length, and duration) and then
YOU will set up the appointment AND register them.
See below for more information, or visit the Resources and Tutorials
page for tutorials and instructions on additional account and