Printing - On-Campus
GVPrint is a cloud based printing solution that allows GVSU students, faculty and staff to send documents to the cloud and release the print jobs at specified locations around campus.
How does GVPrint work?
Step 1: Upload your documents to the cloud using one of the following methods:
- Login to a GVSU Lab computer and print your documents to either GV Print 1 or GV Print 2 (They will be listed as printers)
- OR send an email with the document as an attachment from a GVSU email account to firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR Login to gvprint.gvsu.edu with your GVSU network credentials and upload documents to the cloud.
Step 2: Release your documents
- Locate a print release station. More print stations are coming soon!
- Scan your GVSU ID card or enter your network credentials.
- Release documents you wish to print.
GVPrint Limit Rules
- Per print job limit – 40 printed/copied pages (if duplexed, 20 physical sheets)
- Per semester, each student will begin with $25 of free printing, which represents 500 free printed/copied pages at $.05 per print page (if duplexed, 250 physical sheets)
- A new website to purchase print pages, via Credit Card only, will allow for the following purchase options:
- $5 - adds 100 print/copied pages
- $10 - adds 200 print/copied pages
- $15 - adds 300 print/copied pages
- All print pages (free and purchased) will be tracked at $.05 for each printed side, which is the calculated cost of paper, toner, tracking costs as well as printer amortization
- To view your balance of print pages remaining, you may login to GVPrint at https://gvprint.gvsu.edu/myprintcenter/.
- When logged into the print release system or gvprint.gvsu.edu, you may view your total funds available for printing, which includes the original $25 per semester technology grant along with any funds that were individually purchased for additional print pages
- Purchased print pages remain with the life of the student account and do not expire. Remaining funds after graduation or after a student leaves will not be credited back to the student.
- Remaining free print pages expire at the end of each semester and do not roll over to the next semester
- The documents on the cloud are erased if not printed within 24 hours.
- You are not able to adjust format settings on the printer. To adjust format settings, print to a pdf file, then print the pdf file with GV Print.
- If you wish to send documents from a non-GVSU email address, follow the same directions as above and you will receive a reply from email@example.com that will allow you to register your email.
- Note printers in teaching classroom do not have print limits
How do I see my print balance?
You may see your print balance in two different locations:
- When you go to release a job from a GVPrint Release station, you will scan your student ID card or enter your Network ID and password. Once you are authorized, you will see your jobs in the queue. You can release any or all of them. At the bottom of the display, it will show a cost of the free Technology Grant pages remaining as well as any purchased pages along with an overall balance.
- Login to the software at https://gvprint.gvsu.edu/MyPrintCenter/. Here you can see your total balance at the bottom of the landing page.
Additional Printing Resources
- The GVSU Copy Center also prints student materials for a fee. Their services include Black & White and Color Copies, Transparencies and Bindings (NOTE: The Copy Center website can only be viewed on campus or via the VPN)
- How to print from a GVSU print release station