High Performance Computing
HPC @ GVSU
With the advent of greater support for High Performance Computing (HPC) scholarship and teaching at GVSU, the Provost Office, the Center for Scholarly and Creative Excellence and Information Technology are collaborating to provide a transparent and efficient processes to support HPC work at the university. GVSU initiated a half-time position, currently staffed by Carl Strebel from the Padnos College of Engineering and Computing, to help meet HPC needs and review requests for support. The university is utilizing existing server space maintained by PCEC in order to maximize resources and provide efficient processes to users. Financial and personnel support for HPC activities is shared by units, deans’ offices, IT and the Provost Office as appropriate.
Requests for HPC funding should be sent to Carl Strebel, copying appropriate Dean(s), and include the following:
- Specific needs (processing, memory, etc)
- Rationale that includes the use of the technology (faculty and/or student scholarship, teaching, labs)
- Additional security features
- Grant options
- Any additional assistance needed
Who supports HPC?
- The Dean's Offices and Unit departments provide support for HPC in the following manner:
- Central Administration will provide
- Information Technology will support