Getting Connected Faculty/Staff
How do I Log in to WiFi?
- Faculty and Staff can access the GV-Faculty-Staff WiFi network on a Mac computer, a Windows computer, or a smart device.
- GV-Faculty-Staff should appear in your device's list of available wireless networks when you are on campus.
- Log in using your GVSU username and password.
- You may need to accept or trust a wireless certificate to finish connecting after logging in.
- NEVER SHARE YOUR PASSWORD in order to let someone else log into GV-Faculty-Staff WiFi with your account. You are personally responsible for everything that is done on a device that is connected to the network with your credentials.
What if I cannot Connect to WiFi?
- Confirm that your username and password are being entered correctly. If they are, forget the wireless network, restart your device, and try connecting again.
- If you are still unable to connect, make sure that you are able to log in to your email or WiFi on another device (like a smart phone).
- If necessary, reset your password via www.gvsu.edu/passwordreset or by calling the IT Service Desk at (616) 331-2101.
- If you've tried everything listed above and it still won't work, please contact the IT Service Desk either by phone ((616) 331-2101), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or visit us at 010 Mary Idema Pew Library.
- Faculty and Staff can simulate an on-campus connection by using the GVSU VPN while off campus.
- Download Pulse Secure application from gvsoftware.gvsu.edu. Detailed instructions can be found on this webpage: www.gvsu.edu/it/downloading-and-installing-pulse-secure-222.htm.
- Log in with your GVSU username and password. Please note, VPN is not required for accessing library resources. If you have difficulty connecting to library resources please contact the library for assistance at (616) 331-3500 or by submitting the library's support form.
- GVSU owned Windows 8 and Windows 10 computers have DirectAccess and will not need the VPN for most off-campus system access. There are a few exceptions where VPN is needed for staff who have high privilege access to GVSU data.
- If you run into any issues please contact the IT Service Desk at (616) 331-2101 or email@example.com.
Off Campus File Access
- Faculty and staff can access their network files off campus when connected to the GVSU VPN using Pulse Secure. If you do not have Pulse Secure installed, download it from gvsoftware.gvsu.edu.
- Once connected to VPN, open a web browser and log in to mydata.gvsu.edu.
- Here you can upload and download files to and from your private and shared departmental network storage drives.
Visitor/Guest Wireless Access
- Temporary guest access is available to all visitors of the University. From your device, connect to the GV-Visitor wireless network and agree to the terms. Once connected you will receive wireless network access for 5 days after which time you will need to reconnect and accept the terms for another 5 days.