LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Downloading, Installing, and Setting up Pulse Secure for the VPN
2. Click on the version of Pulse Secure that matches your computer's operating system: Mac, Windows x86 (32-bit), Windows x64 (64-bit), Red Hat/CentOS, or Ubuntu/Debian.
3. Log in with your your GVSU network credentials (username and password) to sign in and begin downloading Pulse Secure.
4. Once the download has finished, click the file to open the Pulse Secure installer. Follow the prompts to install the software on your machine.
Mac users will see these windows.
5. It will run through install and then indicate it has finished.
Windows users will see these windows.
6. Open Pulse Secure once it has finished installing.
7. Add a connection. Give your connection a Name, fill in the appropriate Server URL as listed here, then click Add.
- Faculty & Staff URL: vpn.gvsu.edu
- Students URL: vpn.student.gvsu.edu
8. Now you should see a Connection that you can use to Connect to the appropriate VPN.
9. Click on the Connect button and you will be prompted for your User Name and Password (this is the same password you would use for Email & Blackboard).
10. Faculty and staff will be prompted to enter a secondary password. This requires that Duo Multifactor Authentication be set up on your GVSU account. More information on Duo can be found here: https://www.gvsu.edu/it/duo-multifactor-authentication-233.htm.
11. After it validates you should see a green check mark icon appear next to the Disconnect button. You are now successfully connected to the GVSU VPN.
Please contact the IT Service Desk at (616) 331-2101 or email@example.com if you have any trouble connecting to the VPN.