Student and Faculty Spotlights
2022 Pew Teaching Excellence Award: Santos Ramos
Faculty Awards Convocation is held each February to honor the outstanding contributions of our faculty. University awards are presented for excellence in teaching in and outside of the classroom, scholarship that advances the professions and helps society, inspiring mentoring to aid our students successfully along their way, and dedicated service to the campus and larger community.
The next Faculty Awards Convocation Ceremony is scheduled for February 8, 2022.
The Pew Teaching Excellence Awards offer GVSU faculty an opportunity to celebrate the work of their peers as teachers who inspire our students across the disciplines. Below are details about the criteria for the award as well as a description of the supporting materials required for all nominees.
This award is based on the following criteria, which are not ranked by order of importance, nor exclusive:
- Uses multiple approaches in classroom/laboratory instruction and evaluation
- Stimulates intellectual curiosity in students
- Shows evidence of being current in field/discipline
- Demonstrates commitment to student learning as instructor, role model, or positive influence on career development of students
- Reflects on past teaching experience or professional practice to improve current practice
Share this spotlight
Return to the listing of student and faculty spotlights.