International Business Minor Requirements
The undergraduate minor program in international business is for both business and non-business students with the exception of those majoring in international business and general business. The minor consists of 18 credit hours (six courses).
I. Two Required Courses (6 credits):
ECO 210 Introductory Macroeconomics
MGT 303 Introduction to International Business
II. Three courses from the following (9 credits):
- ACC 330 International Accounting
- ECO 349 Emerging Market Issues
- ECO 365 Comparative Economic Systems
- ECO 369 International Economic Issues
- FIN 429 International Financial Management
- MGT 466 International Management and Multinational Corporations
- MKT 359 Multinational Marketing
GVSU students on their study abroad program.
III. Culture course (3 credits): Choose one from the following:
- BUS 301 - International Business and Culture
- LAS/MGT 380 - Commerce and Society in Latin America
- MES 201 - Introduction to the Middle East
- EAS 201 - East Asia in the Contemporary World
- GPY 220 - Cultural Geography
- GPY 235 - World Regional Geography
- GPY 350 - Geography of Russia and Its Neighbors
- GPY 352 - Geography of Latin America
- GPY 354 - Geography of Asia
- GPY 355 - Geography of Southwest Asia (The Middle East)
- LAS 210 - Exploring Latin America
- PLS 211 - International Relations
- PLS 221 - Government and Politics of Western Europe
- PLS 283 - Chinese Politics and US-China Relations
- PLS 284 - Latin American Politics
- PLS 319 - African Politics
- PLS 327 - Politics of Developing Countries
- PLS 382- Politics of Post-Communist Europe
- PLS 385 - Russian and Post-Soviet Politics
- RST 225 - Introduction to Russian Culture
* Other additional courses may be approved by the Faculty Advisor.
A GVSU student on their study abroad program.
Students majoring in any business discipline or economics must select an additional cultures or international business course.
A GVSU student enjoying the study abroad experience.