LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
International Business Minor Requirements
The undergraduate minor program in international business is for both business and non-business students with the exception of those majoring in international business and general business. The minor consists of 18 credit hours (six courses).
I. Two Required Courses (6 credits):
ECO 210 Introductory Macroeconomics
MGT 303 Introduction to International Business
II. Three courses from the following (9 credits):
- ACC 330 International Accounting
- ECO 349 Emerging Market Issues
- ECO 365 Comparative Economic Systems
- ECO 369 International Economic Issues
- FIN 429 International Financial Management
- MGT 466 International Management and Multinational Corporations
- MKT 359 Multinational Marketing
GVSU students on their study abroad program.
III. Culture course (3 credits): Choose one from the following:
- BUS 301 - International Business and Culture
- LAS/MGT 380 - Commerce and Society in Latin America
- MES 201 - Introduction to the Middle East
- EAS 201 - East Asia in the Contemporary World
- GPY 220 - Cultural Geography
- GPY 235 - World Regional Geography
- GPY 350 - Geography of Russia and Its Neighbors
- GPY 352 - Geography of Latin America
- GPY 354 - Geography of Asia
- GPY 355 - Geography of Southwest Asia (The Middle East)
- LAS 210 - Exploring Latin America
- PLS 211 - International Relations
- PLS 221 - Government and Politics of Western Europe
- PLS 283 - Chinese Politics and US-China Relations
- PLS 284 - Latin American Politics
- PLS 319 - African Politics
- PLS 327 - Politics of Developing Countries
- PLS 382- Politics of Post-Communist Europe
- PLS 385 - Russian and Post-Soviet Politics
- RST 225 - Introduction to Russian Culture
* Other additional courses may be approved by the Faculty Advisor.
A GVSU student on their study abroad program.
Students majoring in any business discipline or economics must select an additional cultures or international business course.
A GVSU student enjoying the study abroad experience.