Kaufman Interfaith Leadership Scholars
Kaufman Interfaith Institute is excited to launch our second year of the Youth Interfaith Leadership Scholars Program! This year our focus will be on Leadership Development, Deepening our Learning of Pluralism, and Taking Action in our communities. In addition to personal growth the Leadership Scholars will serve as an advisory council to Kaufman Interfaith Institute and help to guide the Institute forward into the future. All students 8th-12th grade are welcome to participate in this free program.
Who Are the Kaufman Interfaith Leadership Scholars?
Teenagers from the greater Grand Rapids area who provide invaluable leadership, input and direction for the Kaufman Interfaith Institute while gaining greater cross-cultural and interfaith knowledge.
They are the future of interfaith in West Michigan!
What will they do?
Students will deepen their understanding of one another’s traditions and cultures as they engage the diversity of West Michigan in the spirit of collaboration and understanding while developing leadership skills used to create grass-roots community impact.
Our first Scholars group has already created these community initiatives with more to come!
How Will They do it?
● Trainings- Implicit Bias, Influencer (Social Media), Strengths/Skills assessments, presentation skills, story-telling workshops
● Deepening Networks- Interactions with our community partners, service opportunities
● Influencing Kaufman Programs- Students will shape future programming and direction at an institutional level.
● Lessons and best practices - provided by college professors and experts in their field.
● Coaching and guidance - Geared toward exploring each scholars own passions and interests