American Association of Diabetes Educators - Chicago, Illinois
The main function of the Meetings Coordinator position is supporting
the operational functions of the Meeting Services department and
assisting management with coordination of all AADE meeting details and
specifications for the various programs occurring throughout the year
including the Annual Conference, Core Concepts Courses, and the Board
of Directors meetings. The Meetings Coordinator coordinates details
for in-house and organizational meetings, communicates and collects
meetings needs, assists with quotes for meeting related vendors,
including temporary help, rentals and transportation needs. Other
projects and duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Responsibilities -
- Provide event support assistance for AADE Annual Conference
including but not limited to:
- Management of Education Sessions logistics
- Coordination of event registration activities (for Attendees,
Exhibitors, Vendors, Staff, VIPs)
- Coordinate exhibitor services (registration, housing, service
kit, signage, specs, exhibitor website and marketing set up)
- Coordination of staff, attendee and exhibitor housing
activities including collecting certificates of insurance from
hotels, managing room blocks and completion of direct bill applications
- Management of freight shipping including AADE staff shipping
needs to/from Annual Conference
- Coordinate speaker services support, including registration
- Provide support for various Third Party RFPs (Security,
Temporary Staff, Transportation Services, etc.)
- Assist Meetings Manager with Annual Conference Marketing
materials and management of the Annual Conference website
- Coordinate logistics for various meetings held at Annual
Conference such as VIP/Committee Meetings, CB/LNG Meetings, etc.
- Update and maintain production schedule.
- Provide event support assistance for in-house and various
organizational meetings such as Board of Directors Meetings,
VIP/Leadership Meetings, DEAP/DPP Workshops, Bootcamps, and
Lifestyle Coach Training including, but not limited to:
- Coordination of travel and housing needs
- Catering selection and management
- Coordination of event registration activities
- Management of day-of-event meeting logistics
- Serve as liaison for meeting related vendors
- Provide support for RFP development
- Update and maintain the Meetings Department Master Schedule.
- Develops and maintains efficient filing system for contracts
and other department documents.
- Responds to daily telephone calls and e-mails from the general
department and Education Inboxes.
- Serves as IT liaison for the Meeting Services department.
- Assist with department accounting processes, reporting,
and internal bill reconciliation.
- Minimum of 2-3 years previous work experience in professional
environment required. Prior work within an educational, association,
or not-for-profit environment, or meetings and/or event registration
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant college courses in related field
such as hospitality, business administration, marketing or project
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Must be detail oriented, with ability to multi-task and see
projects through from start to completion.
- Excellent communication skills required including written, verbal
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be computer proficient, including Word, Excel, Power Point,
and database systems such as Access; with ability to learn
Association Management Software (such as iMIS/Avectra) efficiently.
- Ability to utilize Internet and Social Media tools to support
department and organizational communication required.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Ability to proofread and produce work that is accurate and error-free.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Nature of work requires an ability
to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to
communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare
work documents, set-up and maintain work files. Must be available for
occasional day and overnight travel by air and/or automobile.
Occasional lifting, up to 25 lbs.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Majority of work performed in a
general office environment. Position requires availability for
extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job
duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization
sponsored events and meetings across the country.
Type of Position: Full-Time Position
Segment of Industry: Meeting & Event Management
Salary: $0.00 / Hour
American Association of Diabetes Educators
200 W. Madison St.
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Contact: . .
How To Apply
To apply, please forward your resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
200 W. Madison St. Suite
Chicago, IL 60606
Application Deadline: 11/18/17
AADE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage and
support diversity in our workforce.
No attachment uploaded