Valet Runner Parking PT
AHC+Hospitality - Grand Rapids, Michigan
This is a part time position. Must be available for 1st and 2nd shift hours.
Greet and assist all guests who enter the valet motor lobby. Ensure guest’s satisfaction by caring for and parking guest’s vehicles. As a valet parking attendant you will unload, deliver, or load luggage upon guest arrival and departure while maintaining a positive and professional attitude, at all times.
- Assist guests with any needs; specifically valet and bellman needs.
- Drive and park guest’s vehicles safely and in a timely manner.
- Perform any bell service needs that guests may request.
- Provide a safe working environment.
- Understand, follow and maintain AHC guest service standards.
- Inspect airlock and motor lobby to ensure area is always neat and clean.
- Monitor any valet parking department equipment (bell carts, bell stand etc.) and inform a manager or supervisor of any needed repairs.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Follow AHC handbook policies and standard operating procedures.
- Actively working, always looking for ways to assists guests and going above and beyond to provide guest service.
- Ensuring the quality and level of service that the General Manager, Guest Care Manager, Manager on Duty and Guests expect is excellent and follows our company standards and policies.
- Reads or listens to Smart Starts.
- Reads and understands all memos that pertain to the valet parking department.
- Uses other AHC hotels and staff as resources.
- Must be or become TIPS certified.
- Complete all daily responsibilities/cleaning task list.
- Actively monitor motor lobby for guest’s arrival.
- Readily retrieve guest’s vehicles from the parking ramp.
- Ensure guest’s satisfaction upon arrival and departure.
- Maintain airlock and motor lobby cleanliness and overall deep cleaning.
- Follow our hotel green policies.
- Ensure trash/recyclables are taken out.
- Ensure the bell carts are vacuumed and polished.
- Follow AHC guest service standards.
- Actively work with fellow valet staff, while following all departmental rules.
- Any other additional responsibilities that may be asked by General Manager, Guest Care Manager, Manager on Duty or Supervisor.
Must be able to run, walk, and stand for upwards of 8 hours.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Vehicle operator’s license
- Tips certification is preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
related experience is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before guests or associates of organization.
Ability to perform addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts or percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate:
- Is regularly required to stand, walk and run
- Is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects
- Is required to frequently reach with hands and arms
- Is regularly required to talk or hear; taste or smell
- Is occasionally required to sit and stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Type of Position: Part-Time / Internship Position
Segment of Industry: General Hospitality & Tourism Management
Salary: $5.00 / Hour
187 Monroe Ave
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503
Contact: Kari Haisma
How To Apply
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
No attachment uploaded