Line Cook 2nd Shift PT
AHC+Hospitality - Grand Rapids, Michigan
The role of a line cook is to prepare culinary delights for our guests. Guest satisfaction in our restaurant revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. The line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry stations or other areas of the kitchen.
• Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
• Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
• Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
• Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
• Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the station.
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
• Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the General Manager, Operations Manager and Kitchen Supervisor at any time.
• At the start of each shift Check that Daily Prep List is complete and sufficient prep product is available for dinner service.
• Inform Kitchen / Dinner Supervisor immediately of prep shortages.
• Use our Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products.
• Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line station to assure a smooth dinner service.
• Prepare item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality and presentation of products served.
• Communicate with service staff verbally and through use of the 86 board.
• Use and understand POS ticket system.
• Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Maintain a clean and sanitary work area including tables, shelves, walls, grills, turbos, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Washes dishes as necessary
• Attend employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to Kitchen / Dinner Supervisor.
• Follow proper plate portion, presentation and garnish set for all dishes.
• Handle, store and rotates all products properly.
• Understand and comply with Company Policies.
• Close kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen / Dinner Supervisor or manager-on-duty.
• Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Previous prep or line cook experience.
• Professional communication skills are required.
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
• Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Previous kitchen and culinary experience.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
• Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
• Honesty and Integrity
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before guests or associates of organization.
Ability to perform addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate:
• Is regularly required to stand and walk
• Is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects
• Is required to frequently reach with hands and arms
• Is regularly required to talk or hear; taste or smell
• Is occasionally required to sit and stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, sometimes varying with live music performers.
The hotel business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four (24) hours a day. You as an associate must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move you from your accustomed shift, as business demands. This is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be displayed at all times.
Type of Position: Part-Time / Internship Position
Segment of Industry: Food & Beverage Management
Salary: $13.00 / Hour
187 Monroe Ave
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503
Contact: Kari Haisma
How To Apply
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
No attachment uploaded