HTM students to work at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival
Posted on April 25, 2016
Sixteen Grand Valley students in the hospitality and tourism management (HTM) program will spend two weeks in France working at the 69th annual Cannes International Film Festival.
Founded in 1946, the invitation-only festival previews new films of all genres and is considered one of the most prestigious film festivals in the world. This year's festival runs from May 11-22.
Grand Valley students will coordinate events and run press panels at The American Pavilion, including the Emerging Filmmaker's Showcase, a competition which highlights the works of the next generation of filmmakers. Students will also be outsourced to various country pavilions and private companies showcased in the Marche de Film.
"Grand Valley students are among the select few who will be on site with full access for the duration of the festival," said Lorie Tuma, HTM assistant professor. "They will hold official positions in international pavilions, host press panels, assist A-List celebrities and coordinate exclusive events."
The students leave Grand Rapids May 7 and return May 23.
For more information, contact Lorie Tuma at (616) 331-8868 or (989) 506-3805.
• Allison Bis - Midland, Michigan
• Taylor Brock - Holland, Michigan
• Alexis Brown - Newaygo, Michigan
• Julia Dilliard - Grand Rapids, Michigan
• Sarah Gonzales - Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
• Kelsey Job - Armada, Michigan
• Anna Koetje - Grand Rapids, Michigan
• Jake Kowalski - Macomb, Michigan
• Morgan LaBarrie - Berkley, Michigan
• Weston Lohman - Montague, Michigan
• Taylor Losee - Caro, Michigan
• Rachael Marilyn Van Gennep - Mokena, Illinois
• Alyssa Neelis - Brighton, Michigan
• Kelli Pastor - Livonia, Michigan
• Ashley Pipe - Hudsonville, Michigan
• Nakaria Williams - Muskegon, Michigan