Hospitality and Tourism Management Minor
Students in other majors may minor in Hospitality and Tourism Management by completing a minimum of six (6) courses in HTM, including HTM 101-Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism, totaling a minimum of 21 credits, with advisor approval.
Students minoring in HTM are encouraged to consider including at least one field experience course in their program. Interested students must meet with the HTM Department Chair, or Assistant Chair, to establish a specific plan in advance.
- HTM 101 – Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism (3 cr)
- Plus, 18 additional credits in any HTM courses (these courses must be pre-approved).
Popular Majors Complemented by a Minor in HTM:
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Communication Studies
- General Management
- Public and Non-Profit Administration
HTM majors and minors had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Ray Bennett, GVSU Alum and Chief Global Officer of Marriott International, in an informal setting to talk about the hospitality industry and to ask questions about career advice.
Would you like to have a conversation about this minor?
For more information about the HTM Minor, please schedule a meeting with Dr. Kristen Jack, HTM Interim Department Chair.
- Alaska Tour Jobs
- Disney Hospitality Job Board
- Disney World College Program
- GVSU HTM Job Board
- Handshake (for GVSU students and alums)
- Hospitality Online
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
- Michigan Recreation and Park Association
- National Restaurant Association
- Professional Convention Meeting Association (PCMA)
- MORE job searching websites