New Electronic Submission System
July 07, 2017
After careful consideration, the Office of Research Compliance and Integrity (ORCI) has decided to adopt IRBManager as our submission platform for research compliance applications and documentation. This system will replace the currently used IRBNet. IRBManager will serve as the “front door” for the submission, tracking, and retention of research protocols and research compliance documents, including protocols submitted to the Human Research Review Committee (HRRC) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
Noted advantages of IRBManager:
- Significantly more user friendly than IRBNet
- Application forms are created and housed directly within the system, thereby eliminating the need to download PDF forms from the ORCI website and ensuring researchers are using the most up-to-date version of the forms
- Ensures applications are complete and all authorizing signatures have been obtained prior to routing to ORCI for processing, thereby reducing unnecessary communication between ORCI and researchers
- Provides more detailed information regarding the current status of your protocol as it moves through the various stages of the review process
- ORCI staff will have the ability to view users’ screens remotely, thus enabling our office to provide better help when addressing questions over the phone
GVSU’s IRBManager platform is currently under development, and we anticipate the new system will be launched in mid-to-late September. Drop-in training/demo workshops will be available beginning in late August/early September. A follow-up announcement will be made regarding an exact rollout date and specific dates/times/locations of the training sessions. Additional informational documents and tutorials will also be made available on our website prior to the release of the new system.
Thank you in advance for working with us as we strive to improve the university’s research compliance program. Please be assured that we will be working diligently with researchers before, during, and after the rollout of IRBManager to ensure a smooth transition to the new system.
As always, ORCI staff are available to help answer any questions you might have about any of these upcoming changes and any other research compliance concerns.