Mission & Vision
"GVSU has a well-established reputation for the wellness of students, faculty and staff at all levels".
2016-2021 GVSU strategic plan (Strategic Priority 3: Institutional outcome E:Objective 3.E.3)
Who We Are
As part of the Human Resources team , we are located in James H. Zumberge Hall on the Allendale Campus.
To support healthy behaviors and structural systems that enhance the quality of life for GVSU employees, families and the Laker community.
Grand Valley State University is recognized as a leader in the state and nation for supporting employee health and well-being. Employees are competent, feel supported to make healthy lifestyle choices and engage in opportunities for a life-long commitment to good health and well-being.
- Maintain a collaborative engagement process with employees to create and nurture the value of well-being.
- Provide opportunities for employees to participate in health and well-being activities at the workplace, home and in their community.
- Promote healthy lifestyle behaviors that have been found to optimize and improve overall health and well-being.
- Explore and further develop spaces for employee wellness support.
- Demonstrate value of programming and services through annual evaluation.