Mission & Vision
"GVSU has a well-established reputation for the wellness of students, faculty and staff at all levels".
2016-2021 GVSU strategic plan (Strategic Priority 3: Institutional outcome E:Objective 3.E.3)
Who We Are
GVSU Benefits and Wellness is part of the Human Resources Office located in James H. Zumberge Hall on the Allendale Campus.
Promoting and encouraging healthy lifestyles to enhance the quality of life for the GVSU community and their families.
Grand Valley State University will be recognized as the healthiest campus in Michigan by increasing awareness of healthy lifestyle choices and providing opportunities for a life-long commitment to good health and well being.
GVSU Benefits and Wellness Goals
- Develop a comprehensive wellness program by increasing opportunities for faculty and staff to participate in wellness activities at the workplace, home and in their community.
- Create and nurture a value of wellness among GVSU faculty and staff on campus.
- Promote responsible lifestyle choices that have been found to optimize and improve overall health and wellbeing.
- Improve future health and cost outcomes.
- Track Return on Investment of wellness activities through annual evaluation.
Beliefs and Values of the Human Resources Office
- People matter! Everyone adds value to the university and deserves exceptional service
- Team work is the cornerstone of our success.
- Each of us has the capacity to solve any problem that may come our way.
- Confidentiality, honesty and integrity are essential to our success.
- Superior performance is expected from every member of our team.
- Diversity of thought is a great strength that is valued and encouraged.
- Only by embracing cultural diversity can we continue to succeed.
- We must remain on the professional and technological cutting edge through continuous education.
- It is our responsibility to stay focused in supporting GVSU’s mission.
- Our team is expected to be leaders in the GVSU community.
- We must maintain a positive attitude and sense of humor.